Thursday, July 18, 2013

A different type of review

I noticed on Amazon I received a review in which the reader explained Outback Fear in a different light. I liked this particular sentence. Suzanne handled the abuse scenes tactfully and without any gratuitous violent descriptions.

I don't particularly like violence of any kind, and I don't write horror.

5.0 out of 5 stars A tough subject matter handled with compassion., July 16, 2013

This story was not just about domestic violence. It was about relationships, accepting help, standing up for yourself and hope.

Suzanne handled the abuse scenes tactfully and without any gratuitous violent descriptions. Domestic abuse is extremely violent but she does not exploit this to sell a book.

I loved the suspense and guessed upcoming events incorrectly several times. I love when a book can take me by surprise!

The Australian outback was described vividly and I could visualize a pack of Kangaroos hanging out -like the deer we have here. I'm sure a pack of deer can dangerous as well - right?

Very well written, engrossing book. I recommend it.
 
Amazon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great review, Suzanne!

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Hiya, Sandy,

Thank you. I see you are firing up also with your writing. All the best little one. :)