Saturday, March 8, 2014

Confession

Well I'm exhausted, although I did take some time out today. It's glorious outside. As most of you know I'm packing to move house. It's been an eye opener, and I had forgotten what it takes to move an entire house. lol. Although I've never stayed in one place more than eight years.

I used to move every few years and I guess I got use to it. Phew. This is what I wear while doing any work about the house. My back brace. It helps tremendously, although not a pretty sight, who cares. lol... Helps to keep my tummy in as well. lol. :)


Besides packing, I have entries into The First Kiss Competition (Romance Writers of Australia) to judge. I've started, and one of the entries I cannot find fault. The writer had me in the scene at once. It's smooth and flows naturally. Talented lady.

Okay, back to the drawing board. We are going out to tea tonight with friends, so that's another great break from urgh...packing...

Have a great weekend everyone. :)


4 comments:

Tarnya said...

You do have a flat stomach already Suzanne. As for packing take your time, and don't overdo it. I know what it's like. We moved 6 months ago with two children and it was a pain, also exhausting.

Maria Zannini said...

On our last move, I tore the cartilage off my knee trying to lift more than 3x my weight. Two surgeries and many braces later, it's still a painful reminder of my stupidity.

Hire help if you have to. If you tear something in your back, you'll never get full use of it again.

If I could do anything over again, that would be it. It would've saved me years of pain.

Good luck and go slow.

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Thank you Tarnya,
I'm taking it slow now. lol.

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

That sounds painful Maria. We are hiring removalists. I don't pick up the boxes, only pack them, thank heavens. :)

I leave the box where it's packed and hubby stacks them.

I'm almost done now, so that's good. :)