I've noticed a few titles now have Outback in them, and it's hard to be unique. Although I have found 'Suspense in Remote Places' as another tag line. It's unique to me. I am not sure if it is used anywhere, but it describes my books down to a tee. It could happen to You! Yes, I write stories for women and it could happen to anyone of us. :)
How the cover of 'Outback Fear' unfolded.
I designed the cover and had a cover artist undertake the text and sizes, as I didn't have the necessary tools or program. She also fixed up the lightness around and below the windmill, which is a photograph I took while visiting the property.
I wanted a stunning eye catchy colour. My first idea was red, after all, it's the colour of blood, and there is a little blood, not much, lol, in 'Outback Fear.' So, I changed the background picture colour (it's the same background picture I use on my website and blog, a picture that took me over a month to acquire the right to use. It's from a photographer who didn't have digital access to his work.As the colour changed a little from red, all the colours came to life and I stuck with it. There's hot red, sophisticated burgundy, and a touch of romantic pink throughout the cover which all relate to the story.
· Red is the most emotionally intense colour. It stimulates a faster heartbeat and breathing rate.
· It creates urgency and often is used in sales and impulse sales
· It attracts attention quickly.
· It is also the colour of love. In decorating, red is usually used as an accent.
· Red is the hot, crazy girl of colours, evoking powerful emotions such as fear, anger and passion. All the highlighted words is what you will find in 'Outback Fear.'
· Red is one of the most complicated colours. Whether it’s a pale or a bright version of the shade, the mood red conveys changes dramatically when you lighten it (sweet and innocent pink) or darken it (sophisticated hot burgundy).
· Red is linked to passion because red is the colour we exhibit on our skin when sexually interested -- a red flush or blush.
· The most romantic colour, pink, is more tranquilizing.
- Burgundy is a derivative of red, therefore having similar effects. Although not technically the most visible, red seems to appear closer than it really is and grabs our attention first. Its effect is physical; it stimulates us and raises the pulse rate. It relates to the masculine principle and can activate the "fight or flight" instinct.
And guess what my favourite
colour is, RED. lol... :)
If you've reached here, thank you for reading such a long post.Have a good day or night. :)