Saturday, September 24, 2016

Update

I pitched a manuscript at our recent RWA conference and I hope to hear back by November. I do hope they like my work. It's set in Rural Australia, with a mystery and suspense thread that is somewhat different to what I usually write. With Traditional Publishers it's whether the work is publishable, is it marketable? Will it appeal to a wide audience, will it sell the first print run, and will readers love it? There is a lot to consider. So fingers crossed on that one. :)

 In the meantime I've been working on my current manuscript and enjoying it immensely. I love the way the story is unfolding. My target is 80.000 words. It's amazing what a writer can do with their characters, story plot and subplots. I think you'll like this one as well. 

I also wanted to share with you what I received from one of our lovely members at our last meeting with the Hunter Romance Writers. My author at work coaster. Mary has painted the logo and lined the back with felt. Quite appropriate, don't you think? Thank you Mary. It's lovely and in use at present. :)