Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Romance Writers Of Australia 23rd Annual Conference

The RWAus Conference has come to a close. 
It was an awesome conference at the Novotel, Olympic Park in Sydney this year. I had such a ball. Here are some of photographs I managed to snap, although I would have loved to have more.

I attended the Friday workshop, Writing the Knockout Novel, by James Scott Bell, which was terrific. He's such a great speaker. Build 3-D characters by Cherry Adair was terrific, Valerie Parv tutorial How to draw readers into your fictional world was very helpful, James Scott Bell tutorial, Revision and editing was helpful, Psychological Warfare by Prof. Karl Roberts was informative, and many more. As for photographs of the Cocktail Party guess who forgot to take her camera? Hmm...lol  There were a lot of awesome costumes.

I met some lovely editors, agents, and caught up with old and new writing friends.
All weekend was such a buzz. I arrived home late Sunday night and Monday was a day to adjust and come down from the high I experienced from the four days. Lol.
Next year is at the Hyatt Park Melbourne with the theme Get Fresh in 15. And yes, I'll be there. :)


James Scott Bell

Hunter Romance Writers with some members at another table and two unable to make the conference this year. 

Hunter Girls and Two of my Critique Partners Lee Christine, and Sarah Barrie on the left. Tea Cooper on the right with Ann B Harrison. 


Myself and Emma Darcy. I was exhausted and although I snapped most everyone else with Emma at the Awards Dinner there wasn't time for one of me. So we ran into each other in the car park and wella, the fabulous famous Emma. She is so lovely. :)

Theme for next year's Conference in Melbourne. Yah!

And here it is. 2015 Venue for our 24th Conference. Cool. :)