Tuesday, August 7, 2012

RWAustralia Conference

Update: I found my red shoes for the fancy dress cocktail party. Woo Hoo!!! :)

It's only 7 days from tomorrow until I fly out to RWAustralias national conference on the Gold Coast, Queensland. I'm staying at the QT hotel, with balcony and ocean views. How awesome is that? I'm catching up with so many friends who I have met in person, friends who I have met online,  and most of the members from both my writers groups will be attending, plus more writers, editors, and agents to met during my five day stay. 
On the Thursday there is a published Author Day, which I'm looking forward to, and a Penguin special event in the evening.

Friday workshop with Alexandra Sokoloff which will cover:
- the High Concept Premise
- the Three-Act, Eight-Sequence Structure
- the Storyboard Grid
- the Index Card Method of Plotting
- Visual Storytelling
- the Key Story Elements, including Key Elements and special structures of love stories
  - as well as tricks of film pacing and suspense, character arc and drive, and building image.


Friday evening pitching workshop by Penguin.

Friday night: The cocktail party. Penguin

Saturday  Sessions all day, and my pitches.
Dinner on Saturday night with a few friends.

Sunday    Sessions all day.

Monday    Rest, and more met ups, then I fly home late Monday afternoon. Phew. :)

Although I'm away at present in Inverell then to the property then back to Inverell this week, I think I'm organised. lol (for those who don't know where this is, it's western NSW in the area I was born and spent many years on a cattle property) 

I have also been finalising my wip, working on my pitch, and basically on the hunt for red shoes for the costume party on the Friday night at the conf.

I'll put up some photographs up of the country side out this way when I get home. It's beautiful. Cool, but no chilly winter winds although the frosts have browned off the land, it's still so breathtaking. 

Take care, bye 4 now,
Suzanne :)

2 comments:

Tarnya said...

It will be very brown out that way Suzanne. The frost does a lot of damage.

Sounds like you are prepared for the conference. And you seem pleased about your red shoes. I can't wait to see them.

Tarnya. x

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

lol... It is very brown. The trees tone in with the land. Not much green around at all. I'm having an awesome time exploring though. :)