Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What's Happening?

I'm busy organising to self publish one of my Manuscripts. You heard it. Yes, I'm joining the INDIE published list of trillions of authors. Why? Well, two of my recent completed manuscripts have gone to Traditional publishers with one publisher saying my work is terrific but they aren't taking on romantic suspense authors at present, the other going as far as marketing but..........it is romance and suspense and where it will fit in the market place they had no idea. These two novels are more suspense with romantic elements as the romance does not run alongside the suspense. I will market them as Suspense with romantic elements. I love both of these stories, and I'm excited and wonder what the feedback will be from readers. :) I have a few ideas for titles but not one hundred percent sure as yet.

I have organised a professional editor, and I'm working on either doing the cover art myself or having someone do it for me. Learning the ropes of this new venture is exciting but a little daunting though.  An estimate of the release date will be around May.

Also I have been working on another novel, my last draft before sending it out to publishers. I have been jotting down ideas, and scenes for another manuscript as well.

I'll be doing a few posts between now and then to let you know and see some photographs of where my first self published was set, why I wrote it, and my characters plus the blurb that will give you a sneak peak into what has been filling my mind  during the time I wrote it. :)

Have a great day everyone, :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oo, well done you, Suzanne. I still can't believe publishers are so behind the times. I wonder when they will 'get' that readers just love a good story. If it's cross-genre then why not just come up with a new cross-genre name? What's the hard bit for Heaven's sake?

Ah well, at least you'll get to keep all the money you make. :)

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Hi Sandy,
I had a battle with what to do, now I can see so much. Why can't I do it all. Self publish, small press publish, and hopefully one day a Traditional publisher. I'll see what develops.

But as I said these two manuscripts hold a really good story, and with a professional edit I'm looking forward to the response they have. lol.. I hope it's reasonable. But authors do have to take a chance. Life is all about taking that initial step isn't it. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking the real success in the end is how many books you sell, not by which medium you sell them. There's no guarantee a 'traditional' publisher will give you more promotion than small publisher. It all comes down to you in the end. Go for it!

Maria Zannini said...

I'm glad you're sticking your toe in self-publishing waters. The way I see it, it's a little like putting your money into more than one stock. You're diversifying and that's smart career planning.

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Point taken Sandy. I agree. :)

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Hi Maria,

Diversifying. Thank you
I was stuck for a few months wondering what to do. I feel so much better, excited, happy, and eager to have it happen now. lol.. Although I won't be rushing things. Deliverying the best I am capable of is my motto.

Kez said...

Glad you're taking the leap :)

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Yes Kez. It's called diversifying. Lol. Thanks to Maria :)

Rachael Johns said...

Congrats and good luck Suz :)

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Thank you Rachel. :)