Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Editors and Agents

There's going to be a fantastic line up of Editors and Agents at this year's conference. A great opportunity for all writers.

· Anna Valdinger, Commissioning Editor Commercial Fiction, Harper Collins/Avon
· Bernadette Foley, Publisher, Hachette Australia –fiction and non-fiction
· Ann-Marie Smith, Content/Acquisitions Editor, Lyrical Press Inc.
 · Beverley Cousins, Fiction Publisher, Random House Australia
· Clare Forster, Agent, Curtis Brown, Australia
· Joel Naoum, Publisher, Momentum (Pan Macmillan Australia)
· Larissa Edwards, Head of Publishing, Simon & Schuster Australia
· Joanne Grant is Senior Editor of Harlequin Presents
· Helen Breitwieser is a literary agent and owner of Cornerstone Literary Agency in Los Angeles, CA.
And there's more, plenty more. Not only agents and editors but some great writers.
You can find out more at: Romance Writers of Australia. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I reckon instead of putting people on machines for stress tests they should just line them up for a pitch session. Just before I went for my first pitch, I'm sure my heart was beating faster than if I'd sprinted a mile. :)

Of course the agent and editor I pitched to were lovely ladies and managed to calm me down. It's the suspense before hand that's the killer! :)

Anonymous said...

Yep, If all my requests are approved, I'm pitching to two agents and two editors.

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Hmmm... you only get one. I'm pretty sure. I didn't know you could request more than two. Off to find out lol. :) Thank you. :)

Angelina Rain said...

Are you going to that? If you are, I hope you have a great time and take lots of pictures!

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Yes, Angelina
I'm looking forward to it. It's going to such a buzz. Thank you for calling in. :)