Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Word Count/Lighthouses and a Question

Panic stations set in over the weekend, so I've been writing almost non stop and was so pleased to get to where I am right now. 40.251.

I'm loving my story as well, and loving the writing. It's falling into shape after a few scene moves. But I know it will have some work when I reach my goal.  At least I know what has to be done... :) Or I hope so. :) How is everyone going with their word count? I'll pop on over to Write In June.

Also if you know me I love lighthouses. A few weeks ago I took these photographs. I'd love to live in a light house. Don't ask me why.They have a strange tug, and I am in awe of how they guide the ships away from dangerous coves  and the shallow water or rocks.

I imagine living miles from nowhere on a small island, with a lighthouse beaming away, oh and there's me watching out. lol.. I laugh yes. How long would I last alone? Scared at night, with the wind howling through my ears. Naaaaa... I wouldn't last too long. 

You might say what have lighthouses got to do with my word count. Well, if you look at it like this...Imagine all the words I could write living alone in one of those things to the left. I'd have to do something to stop from going around the twist. :)

My question is: Does anyone remember a story of a girl in a lighthouse, she's holding a lantern, and she actually lives there. There's is an old man in it somewhere. That's all I can remember.  Someone may know perhaps. Thank you,
Suzanne :)




10 comments:

Shelley Munro said...

Congrats on the word count, Suzanne. I like lighthouses, too, although I'm not sure I'd like to live in one permanently.

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Hi Shelly,
It is a stresful month. lol.. Hmm...But lighthouses are fantastic... lol :)

Christina Phillips said...

I'd love to spend a holiday in a lighthouse but like Shelley I don't think I'd want to live in one!

Tami Winbush said...

I've given up on 50K. I beat myself up over it....and it's not fair....to myself.

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Hi Christina, Yeah, I guess so. lol. But they are facinating. :)

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Hi Tami,
I know what you mean, but I am damn well determined to get there. Then I'll relax. lol... :)

Tarnya said...

Love lighthouses, but I'm with the others. I couldn't see myself living in one.

As for the girl in the lighthouse, perhaps it was a dream you had and can't remember.

Tarnya. x Great word count.

The Smiths said...

Hi Suz
I finished the 40,000 this morning... that was my goal and typed THE END on my category romance.

A lot of work to be done.. bu oh... what a feeling!
ANnie

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Hi Tarnya,
Thanks for stopping by. :)

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Hi Annie,
Wow, congratulations. Well done. Now for the editing stage. :) I'm not far behind, but my goal is 50.000 k. Not long to go now. Phew. :)