Monday, April 4, 2011

Writers Retreat


I hope everyone had a good weekend. In the case of overseas, I hope you are still enjoying your weekend. It's Monday here and I'm getting a little excited about the upcoming weekend. It's our writers retreat, which is partially funded by Romance Writers of Australia due to a grant we received. Yah, thank you. :)

Some of you may recall the retreat was to be at a lighthouse. Apparently the lighthouse is closed for renovations and it didn't suit us to wait any longer, so now it's at Bellingen. Twenty minutes inland from Sawtell on the coast, a majestic green valley awaits us, with rolling plains and spectacular mountains. A picturesque river also runs behind the town. It is really a beautiful place. I won't forget my camera. :)

We will indulge in a weekend of  inspiration, brainstorming, chatting, plotting, and general discussions about our wips, or problems that we may have. Not to forget, the scrumptious food and wine, and basically relishing in the atmosphere.

The Bellinger Writers and Readers Festival is also on the same weekend. So we will also be absorbing all the creativity surrounding us. I suspect it's going to be a busy few days.

Until then, I'm trying to get my words down, and they are flowing although I deleted ten pages and changed a few things. lol.. mind you those pages are merely copied and pasted into another file. I've learnt now, NEVER TO DELETE ANYTHING. lol....

8 comments:

Helene Young said...

Have a fabulous weekend, Suzanne :)

Rachael Johns said...

I am soooooooooooo jealous! I could soooooooo do with a retreat right now :) Enjoy yourselves ladies x

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Thanks Helene, and thanks for stopping by. I am so looking forward to it now. I want to get this next manuscript on it's way. Meaning, making sure everything is believable and has purpose. :) Ah such are the dreams of an everyday writer who gave up the good life for a novel. tsk tsk... :) lol

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Hi Rachel... new to be author with Carina Press. Well done btw. Thank you for stopping by. I can't wait to read your debut novel. You have strived so hard, and perserved for this. It just proves it doesn't it Rach... I'm am so happy for you. I'll be there with balloons, bells, and whistles.
Suz :)

Tarnya said...

Have a lovely time Suzanne, but I know you will. Tarnya. x

Anonymous said...

Wow, enjoy. I would love to be a fly on a wall. lol.
Have a great time.

Shirley.

Tami Winbush said...

As usual - I am a day late and a dollar short.

I hope you have/had fun. I wish I lived with you in the winter here, and you in the winter there. We could do all kinds of GREAT things. You do so much more than I.

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

That's okay Tami, I appreciate you stopping by whatever time. :)