Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It's amazing what you search for and find....

 I went searching tonight. Ah...a little spare time... what's that. lol.. Anyhow, I came across so many four and five star reviews for Heat in The Outback that it amazed me and really touched my heart. It's on Borders, Goodreads, Amazon, personal sites, and everywhere I look. So thank you to all my readers. It' s so lovely to know that my story has taken you away from life and into the journey of Sarah and Ethan.  
I also listened to the trailer. I haven't looked at it in so long, and it still touches something inside.  So I thought I'd put it up again for you. :) Let's hope you won't have to wait much longer for my next one. Enjoy. :)



There's a measure of suspense right from the very start. Ms. Brandyn doesn't just give away Sarah's past mistake, or perhaps, betrayal. Nor does she let us guess the real direction of the storyline; the best part of this is that secrets are revealed in a very unpredictable way.
The blue mountains unfold as the backdrop or the lonely cattle station in the scrub brush, dry withered grasses struggling to survive. We readers feel completely inundated with the place, from sights to scents, the outback comes alive. The community, old friendships, and rural location all give us a sense that Sarah is far from the place and person she has become. And is that what she wanted? We have to wonder...did she just take up the life she found when she ran away from that one mistake? Sarah's anxiety about disclosure is actually quite secondary to her grief at that long-ago decision. And as the secrets come out, so too do the possible entanglements.

Ms. Brandyn writes beautifully of this exotic locale, in fact her descriptions would give even area residents a new perspective on their home. Descriptions are never overdone either - a line here or there, interspersed, work to give us an overview that we are hardly aware is building in our minds. Not so our main character's internal monologue, which occasionally does drag drearily on...but always clarifies the past.

Ethan, the Aussie cowboy, tough as he is, is every girl's dream, but somehow a little bit more, too. There are definitely surprises in store. Sarah is not the only one with a secret.

Wonderfully evocative and engaging, Heat in the Outback should be on everyone's summer reading list.

And if you haven't read it there are so many places to purchase in print or e-book. For a list of where or how to go to http://www.suzannebrandyn.com/

6 comments:

Tarnya said...

It makes me want to go and read it again. Sarah was lovely, and Ethan took a piece of my heart.
Yes, I'll be looking for your newest.

Tarnya. x

Tami Winbush said...

Tarnya read my mind. I want to go down and grab my copy and read it again.

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

I thought I replied to you Tarnya. Sorry. Thank you for calling in. :)

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Thanks Tami. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

Maria Zannini said...

It feels like Christmas when a search turns up a great review like this. Well done!

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Thank you Maria. There have been so many good reviews. I'm thrilled.

Thanks for stopping by. :)