Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Romance Writers of Australia Blogspot

 

Firstly I would like to thank you for stopping by and wishing me well. It means so much. I can't wait until I have the official blurb and excerpt to share.

I've just been over visiting RWAustralia's BlogSpot. http://romanceaustralia.wordpress.com/
reading the interview about Heather Boyd and her daily life as a writer. But I must tell you I am fascinated with her idea of keeping a daily diary. Now why haven't I been doing this? Hmmm....:)

This is exactly what I need. It will allow me to find out how much time I do spend writing (well we know it’s a fair amount of time, around three to four full days a week, some weeks more) but now I'll be able to pinpoint exactly.

Also, it will allow me to find out how much time I spend on blogs, posting, and other areas of my writing life. I am a member of that many writing resource websites, I've lost count. Now I can write them all down and see how much time I spend there.

Another objective is to find out how much time and what I do in marketing my novels. How much time I spend in this area is unknown. I did intend to do a lot more, but as I said, my writing days will be accounted for in a professional way.

Do you keep a diary? If so, what do you put in there?

Well, until next time, my sign is on my door for the next few days. I plan to spend some long hours writing. The intercom/doorbell is switched on and I can see who it is, so if anyone comes knocking and they aren't fire brigade, police or an emergency I won't be answering.



Keep well and happy writing, reading, relaxing, or whatever it is you do to make it your day. Suzanne :)

5 comments:

Kaye Manro said...

This is a great idea, Suz. But I'm not sure I could do it. But still it would be good to see how much time I waste away from actual writing!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

It is a fab idea. I kept a personal diary for years until about seven years ago and then I stopped. Now, my diary is purely for To Do jobs with writing, short stories etc.

Anonymous said...

You've just given me the idea. Thank you. Love the blurb on your new book.

Shirley

Tarnya said...

Hi Suzanne,
I keep a diary of the sorts. But I forget about entering some days, so I guess it doesn't make any sense. Your post has reminded me. Hopefully I'll be more organised now.

Tarnya x

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

I kept a diary for a few years in my teens - bad idea as my mother found it and read it (that's when I stopped).

X