Sunday, December 20, 2009

New Mait Writers/Writers are a Great Bunch of People

I had a lovely morning this morning where I met up with writers of like mind to discuss the industry of writing. I met the lovely Heather Boyd who was so willing to share information. That's what writers are all about. They help others. They are such a great group of people. Also another member Suzanne Hamiliton, who goes by the name of Suz... lol.. how uncanny is that? She is also also truly nice, always smiling. And our famous Sandie Hudson who is so so lovely and inspiring. Plus Elsie Young who is intriguing. Who is about to set up a proof reading and editing service.

It was a great morning, and I love getting  together with other's of like minds. Our discussion ranged from blogging, to twitter, to publishers, to websites etc. So, so much. To top it off we had lunch together where the chatter continued non-stop.

Thank you Sandie and Suzanne for organising this great group. Although today we were missing two of our members, but hopefully we will catch up with them in the New Year. :)

Do you have a face to face group? Where is your group and how many members are there? So far we have seven members. That's pretty good considering the group has just started in October.
I suspect tomorrow afternoon I'll be critiquing, and writing a bit. Next week is a hectic week. Hey it's the Christmas week and don't forget Santa comes next week. Woo Hoo! :) Can't wait.

Suz :)

3 comments:

Christina Phillips said...

Sounds like a wonderful day, Suz!

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzanne,
Yes, I have a crit group consisting of six members. It's just enough. I love them to death, they are so good with my work. I think with crit partners you have to learn to trust them.

Jane. x

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

Sounds like you had a great day.

The support of writing friends (online and in real life) is invaluable.

XX